OkonomiDev
Thursday, November 14, 2002
      ( 8:35 AM ) Matt  

Network Bandwidth


On my way home yesterday, I was thinking about what I proposed for game exploring. It seems that would require a lot of bandwidth. Okonominet is going to have to be pretty smart to handle that in some efficient way. It seems that every time each person makes a move, that move will need to be broadcasted to everyone who is observing that move. This could be accomplished by establishing direct TCP/IP connections between machines which are watching and modifying the same branch of the game tree. There would still need to be some way of querying the network for a list of machines watching a particular branch though. I'm not sure how often queries like this would have to go out. Anyway, it looks like a mess to me. I wish I had a comment feature so I could ask for your input. Since I don't, you can just e-mail me: mwdeeds@yahoo.com.


Sorry about the lack of posts recently. My band has been practicing a lot recently. Maybe I'll put some MP3s up for y'all to download.

# -




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:


Dreams I have...

Powered by Blogger
Feel free to e-mail me.

free hit counter