OkonomiDev
Friday, November 01, 2002
      ( 3:46 PM ) Matt  

Okonomi...?


The Okonomi project is mostly just dreams about what I think would make a great Go server. The best part is that there is no server. It's completely distributed, kinda like Gnutella. Gnutella needs some servers to host lists of IPs of other people on the Gnutella network though. It has to be bootstrapped somehow. I don't know how to get around that. Let me know if you do.


Here are a few terms for the different aspects of the project:


  • Okonomiyaki - A Japanese dish consisting of cabbage, mayonnaise, and whatever else fried in a pancake like way. (okonomi = whatever; yaki = fried.)

  • Igo - The Japanese name for the game we call Go. (Baduk in Korean, WeiQi in Chinese)

  • Okonomigo - My dream project for a distributed go playing client software, AI... etc.

  • OkonomiNet - The network and protocols supporting the Okonomi project

  • OkonomiDev - The development of the Okonomi project



More on all this when I continue to muse.

# -




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:


Dreams I have...

Powered by Blogger
Feel free to e-mail me.

free hit counter