OkonomiDev
Tuesday, January 13, 2004
      ( 8:46 AM ) Matt  

Index Prints


Did you know that in Japan you can get the content of a digital camera's memory card burnt onto a CD with index prints, and a DVD style case for 500 yen? That's about $5 canadian, or $4.25 US. If you ask nicely, you can get it done in 20 minutes.


In the convinience of your own home, you can save the content of the memory card to your computer, and then burn it to a CD when you are closer to 680 MB, but 680 MB of pictures is a lot, and I don't have any way of making index prints for myself. Writing a program to make a jpg for an index print sounds like a fun little project. I could just bring the jpgs down to a camera store to have them printed. Now, what would be really cool is if I could get the computer to automaticly summarize all of the photos so that the entire thing would fit on the front of the DVD case. Something like a forier or wavelet analysis might make it easy to choose the most representitive photos, and maybe even automaticly assemble multipicture panoramas.

# -




Comments: Post a Comment
archives:


Dreams I have...

Powered by Blogger
Feel free to e-mail me.

free hit counter